Wednesday 4 April 2007

Good guys wear...their shirt tails out.

My goodness but Sergio has been tearing up the ether lately hasn’t he? One stunning post after another - how does he do it? There must be smoke coming out of his keyboard!

I on the other hand haven’t contributed to the blog for a while, mainly because I’ve been frantically preparing for my book launch (Oooh! Get her!) for the past two weeks. [Nothing too fancy – I’m co-editor for a small collection of comedy writing by adult learners – but I’m very proud of the project.]

Well, the launch was tonight (I made my speeches wired to the moon and shaking like a leaf – several people very kindly informing me afterwards that they could see my hands shaking – even from the back! *Embarrassed groan * ) and now, victory brandy/valium shooter consumed ; ) I’m finally calm enough to express my thanks.

Thanks Sergio. You donned your photo-journalist hat, stepped into the breach and did all our PR – organising press coverage, writing an article, taking pictures and even wangling an interview on the radio for me (thanks again for that last one Serge – I think).

It's one in the morning, a little help from my other good friend, Rémy Martin :D and I’m recovered enough from my trauma to state for the record that Sergio’s a thoroughly decent guy.

Axasha.

9 comments:

Sergio X said...

Axasha, first of all, can you send me the copy for the story back to me via the work email?

Secondly, I don't need all this praise, I really had a ball helping out, and remembered how you had helped me muchacha poco. But it was nice to hear that I am appreciated. Sometimes you do favours for people and you don't get as much as a thank you, but then I have no expectations of anyone.

The launch was great by the way, though I was totally dismayed by the way some people spoke to you afterward - oh how we damage each other.... Next week you'll have lots to send to your mum, did you tell her about your brush with stardom on the raido?

Axel Fraoch said...

Sergei,

I've forwarded your article, as requested.

Your help was muy appreciated caro mio.

The comments? Yeah, well, I laughed them off - as you do - but by the 4th person gleefully telling me how much I'd been shaking [Yeah guys, I know how nervous I was. I was there.
:( ] my smile was rather frozen in place...

Didn't hear the radio interview - a friend of mine did and got in touch to say I came over very well. :D

I was soooo nervous, terrified actually, but thanks so much for setting this up.
Told my folks about it but they don't receive this station in the sticks!

My hero!

Axasha.

Sergio X said...

Thanks Axasha. A bit depressed this morning, my allergy has come back a bit. I felt it as far back as Wednesday.

But anyway, yeah people Axasha, who needs them. I really did think you did really well. Doesn't matter how often you do it, you still have to get up there in front of all those people and perform.

Besides, I don't want to be your hero...I want to be your comic book superhero!

DK 5 is in the mix.

Sergio X said...

Oh btw, I remember you telling Moi that you thought my writing had evolved, well over the last wee while I have saw a change in you.

I think you are growing as a wee person, and who cares Axasha what anyone says, you be happy with yourself, cos at the end of the day that's the only person you are answerable too.

Remember we're all wearing masks anyway - and dying our hair (but that's another matter)- these only really come down when you are totally comfortable with someone. Which for me is almost never. Remember too what I said about people 'blowing out your candle to make themselves feel better'.

I remember when I got a place at university and people telling me I would be 'voting Tory noo' or that that 'was a bit gay'.

No really you guys deserve a great deal of credit and hopefully the publicity will allow you to give two fingers to 'the shakers'. I hope it's going to be plastered all over your work.

Unknown said...

Goodness Axasha you have written a book! Wow, speechless. I was working late tonight and had not intended to blog. But am I glad I did. Congratulations, well done! What's it called?

EL

Unknown said...

You must tell me all about it

Axel Fraoch said...

Oh, no, I didn’t write it EL!
(Well, I did contribute a couple of short bits and a couple of drawings! Heh!)

It’s called “A Load o’ Hot Ayr!” and it’s a collection of comedy writing by adult learners. I project managed and co-edited it.
A couple of the team members couldn’t write very well, so my colleague and I would scribe for them. That kind of thing. We oversaw the design, production, etc. – but it was the adult learners’ vision and all their own work!

The project was funded and the book is not for sale – it’s a learning tool and you’ll find it in libraries and Community Learning Partnerships.
Actually, it’s more a booklet really, but comedian Karen Dunbar did our foreword for us ( :D ) – and I’m very proud to have been part of it.

Axasha.

Unknown said...

It's impressive. Well done you.

Unknown said...

I am going to a barbeque. Sergi once told me he hated BBQ's - don't know why? He can be perplexing, to say the least.