Sunday 11 March 2007

Another Quote

I am afraid I am so sad I actually like quotes. I am trying to add my own wee bit on, that is supposed to make them sound funny.

God had a divine purpose in placing this land between two great oceans to be found by those who had a special love of freedom and courage. (Ronald Reagan)

I am not sure where Ronald is talking about, Jamaica? Cuba? I mean America? Freedom and courage? Would that sound like America to someone from East Los Angeles? Oh, and now it's God the builder?

EL

1 comment:

Axel Fraoch said...

Hee hee! God the Builder! Loved your comments, EL. Brilliant!

Yeah, the Evangelical movement in America and their literal interpretation of the Bible. I seem to recall reading (stats from the BBC?) that something like 60% of Americans believe the Genesis account of the creation of Earth. If so, then Reagan is only reiterating a widely held belief that America’s current position on the globe has nothing to do with plate tectonics.

Hence, “God the Builder”, as you say!

I’m a bit leery of mixing politics with religion – and I don’t care which religion it is. However I DO fervently believe in people’s right to choose.

So, if that’s what people want to believe…

Axasha.