Friday 2 March 2007

UNCLE Quote of the Week

It's Friday so it must be time for UNCLE Quote of the Week!

Guard: But the Casbah is not the place for a casual stroll. Especially not for a well-dressed stranger.
Napoleon Solo: This happens to be my oldest suit.

And a little later that episode…

Napoleon Solo:[calling over the intercom] Illya, how do you feel?
Illya Kuryakin:[in hospital] I feel fine. I just had an alcohol rub and I think she's gonna powder me next.
Napoleon Solo: I need you immediately.
Illya Kuryakin: Napoleon, my pores are still open!

(The Come With Me to the Casbah Affair)


Axasha.

6 comments:

Sergio X said...

Axasha did you write this sh...excellent piece of script yourself? I think Napoleon and Illya are so macho, real men, big and strong and able to squash grapes with one hand.

These people who would seek to belittle them should be horsewhipped!!!

Am I forgiven? Oui?

Sergio X said...

Casbah eh? One of my favourite songs Rock the Casbah by The Clash. Had a piece of good news tonight about a project I am working on - don't want to say anymore, but things might be taking an interesting turn??? Hope so.

Unknown said...

I'm sorry, I remember this television programme but I am a bit vague. I don't quite know why we have a Man From Uncle quote, sorry. It is a kind of hammed up show isn't it?

Anyone remember the programme with Roger Moore and Tony Curtis in The Protectors wasn't it? It was awful but I liked it.

Sergio X said...

El you are thinking of The Persuaders aren't you?

Not quite the same as the wonderful Man From Uncle series (how am I doing Axasha?) with its swashbuckling heroes Napoleon and Illya. Really strong male role models with limp...erm..strong hands and nice hairstyles.

Axel Fraoch said...

Don’t worry El, no more UNCLE quotes. I promise. This was just a bit of fun – me responding to Sergei winding me up!

Axasha.

Sergio X said...

No more Uncle quotes, surely not! Please don't say that. The world will stop, electricity will fail, there will be no more fuel left, what will happen.

No Axasha don't do this to us...the end of the world...