Friday 30 March 2007

My Life As A Comic Book Superhero

I suppose I am on a roll at the moment. Flying with ideas, bursting with new words and ready to kick the ass. It's true, I am feeling a bit more enthusiastic this week, last week I just wanted to disappear. It's good to feel this upbeat mood, though all those promises of contributions to the blog have not materialised. A bit disappointing perhaps, still you can't make people post.

This week I was supposed to go to Edinburgh by train. A journey I eagerly looked forward to. There is nothing like that exit out of Queen Street on the eastern line and that long fabulous tunnel that seems to go on forever. Sweet bliss! I once travelled to Paris by train from Glasgow and had 20 minutes in the Channel tunnel, that was great, no that was fabulous if not supergreat! I suppose after that, the tunnel you enter as you leave Queen Street pales into insignificance. Anyway, in the end, my plans were changed at the last minute and I didn't go to Auld Reekie, so no train ride, no tunnels, supertrainspotter folied.

I know, I know, it's quite sad really.

Nevermind, I did find a great quote - El you'll like this - from Ralph Waldo Emerson. Take some time to consider this furry friends. 'A wild striving to express a more inward and infinite sense characterizes the works of every art'.

Thoughts?

Artists, are perhaps, over reaching souls who push beyond the routine and more mundane boundaries of the everyday. They strive, perhaps, to get to the essential core of what it is to be alive, what it means to exist at any time in any place. A far reaching search to understand the impossible reality of being?

Enough of this, I almost sounded intalektule there, trick of the light perhaps? And, hey, be careful with that axe Eugene!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Your Emerson quote Sergi was written about Byron. Did you know?

Axel Fraoch said...

All this shameless talk about tunnels - it’s obscene! I know what you’re really on about! *Faints away *

Looking for a Cecil Collins quote to reply to your quote – I’ll get back to you.

And yeah, definitely a trick of the light…

*Giggles *

Axasha.

Sergio X said...

I have no idea what you are talking about! Yeah trick of the light very funny...mmmmmm