Monday 26 February 2007

Auteur

Before we go into films, and I will have to bone up on The Archers, Powell and Pressburger, just a few lines on auteur. It's a french word, as you know, meaning author. The problem is that books have one author, whereas movies have many people,who collaborate to make the art work or not.

Autuer, then reperesnts forme and please feel free to argue, one strong individual director who puts his stamp on a work that is clearly his - I should have said or she (Katherine Biggelow who I think is absolutely fabulous, Point Break, in my opinion was agreat movie and I am quite willing to deconstruct)

So far so good, look forward to hearing from you all.

David G

2 comments:

Axel Fraoch said...

Hear! Hear!
And now would you mind explaining “mis-en-scene” to me please? I’ve always wanted to know what that means. (Heh! Just kidding. Kinda….) :-)

Conductor 71? Are you there? Maybe you could define “existentialism in film” for the kollektive please? Atta girl! (smirk)

I’m giddy with excitement about all this but I’m afraid I’m going to have to postpone further blogging for the time being as (drum roll please…) I’ve only gone and developed the most excruciating case of sciatica EVER, and I can’t sit at my PC….

I’m in AGONY!

Axasha.

Alein Hamster Kollektive said...

Oh Axel Fraoch! You poor thing. I have to go out anyway, I am going into town. Till next time.