Sunday 25 February 2007

UNCLE Quote of the Week

Being as Sergio thinks he’s soooo funny – a comedian no less – I feel duty bound (I’ve taken the UNCLE oath after all!) to respond in kind, and hopefully snap him out of his sadly deluded thinking....

Illya Kuryakin: Humour is the gadfly on the corpse of tragedy.
Napoleon Solo: Who said that? Pushkin?
Illya Kuryakin: My grandmother!

(The Pieces of Fate Affair)

Don’t know if this quote is word perfect – I nicked this Illya-ism from an excellent MFU tribute page (www.manfromuncle.org/bioillya.htm) as I didn’t have time to look it up.

Axasha.

7 comments:

Alein Hamster Kollektive said...

I like that quote, and the corpse. I think I read somewhere that sarcasm is the lowest form of wit. Sergio's good at sarcasm.

Sergio X said...

I

Axel Fraoch said...

>Snigger<

Thanks DePe!

Axasha.

Alein Hamster Kollektive said...

sorry I am not Depe axel.

Alein Hamster Kollektive said...

I am David G. where did the Alien Hamster thing come from???

Axel Fraoch said...

Oops!
Wrong David! Sorry!

You're still a gentleman.

Axasha.

Alein Hamster Kollektive said...

I don't know why Alien thing is coming up over my name it is very worrying, what's happening, Sergio is this your revenge for me posting about Batman, did you want to keep it a secret, and yes, compared to Serge I am a gentleman, but, if you know him,believe me Axel (big strong name like the guy in the Deerhunter)that would not be difficult