Monday 5 February 2007

Hello my name is Hayles and will be your blogger for the time being. Writing on the Internet is such a weird feeling, it's like talking to the whole world and talking to nobody at the same time. Well for my first post I'm not going to talk about me, instead I'm going to showcase one of my poems. (Mainly because this is an artistic blog). It's not Burns or Shakespeare but hopefully you'll like it.

Mirror


Facing the truth in a pane of pain,
I smile back, but it’s not the same
Why do they say “mirrors don’t lie”
This façade of a face is dying all the time.
My soul laments a silent plea
“Don’t fall apart
At least not now”

And don’t they know, you’ll make the Angels cry
You’ve frozen your heart
Where your demons lie
There’s no rest for the eternal scream
Rely on your mask to make it what it seems
Imagine a world, where you are free
It will workout… Somehow.

2 comments:

Sergio X said...

Hayles, I really love this poem, every time I read I find something new about it. It really is sooooo deep.

Axel Fraoch said...

This is beautiful, Hayles. Really. With talent like this you must have other poems. Care to share with the kollektive? Please?

Axasha.