Friday 9 February 2007

MY LIFE AS A COMIC BOOK SUPERHERO



In life's long, dark tunnel, or 'hamster' wheel of the night, we plod. Does anyone out there think that may become a regularly quoted piece of english literature? No? Probably not.

As we indicated last week this blog is for creative people. An elite of thinkers and people who don't just swallow the everyday and ill-considered preconceived notions of existence, but who like to push the boundaries a bit. Sheep need not apply.

I am delighted to say I have managed to enlist the help of friends from different backgrounds and whose expertise and artistic and creative leanings are varied, should make the space something special.

It is, of course, just over one week since the blog started, and contributions from Hayles and the 'groupie' from UNCLE, Axasha have electrified the globe with their creative poise, wit and itellect. Axasha, who in her own words, 'just breezed by' - I am going to resist any references to 'feisty' at this point (look it up) - and Hayles who presented us with a poem to make us all think. I know from reading the comments more of her poems have been requested.

Axasha, mused on why the the 'Kollektive' had two K's and not two C's. She suggested that it might be a reference to Kafka - nice try, but sorry no cigar (She has been known to chew a clay pipe between her teeth though). She also, in a sort of magic realist fashion supposed it was some cryptic reference to Kuryakin (Illya of Man From Uncle ilk - well hello? No, it wasn't that either. I simply chose two K's instead of two C's because I figured it might actually sound more creative.

So you see, superheroes of the comic book variety, apart from the ability to nonchalantly wear their underpants over their trousers, are also required to respond to situations and challenges at short notice.

Maybe in the week to come, more of our specially invited contributors will make their mark. Between chewing carrots and meditating, underwater Salsa dancing and speed linedancing, they might actually find time to contribute...you know who I mean.

SERGIO

1 comment:

Sergio X said...

You’ll have to excuse my lateness - I’m just back from hauling my twin baskets of peat and silver darlings across the har covered sheiling. My tartan skirts muddied by the glaur, my oiled wool shawl about my bony shoulders, my clay pipe firmly in place in the corner of my old crone’s mouth.....Uh-huh.

Bozhe moi! “Feisty” was it? You’re sooo gonna pay for that...