Monday 26 February 2007

Jay's Photographs

Hi my name is El, and I think, apart from a few silly quotes this is the first time I have posted and I am nervous.

Felt I had to say something about Jay Esposito's wonderful photographs.

In the first one, dancer, he gets a wonderful feeling of movement into the shot, and the focus is sharp. It is also rich with colour and what I call happening. I think this is an extraordinary photograph which conveys the passion of the dancer and the dynamic of dancing.

The second photograph of the Brooklyn barber shop is so natural it is wonderful. The chap is in the cahir waiting for his haircut and rading his newspaper and the barber is busily attending to him. Perhaps they are chatting about 'baseball'. Also the light hitting the mirror in the background is a touch of class in this photograph.

I was really impressed by these editions to the blog and both I felt were worthy of commenting on. Hope that was okay.

EL

12 comments:

Unknown said...

I couldn't agree more El, I think you put it very well.

Now I am off to the shop for my tea, a kebab, no headache today but couldn't get up for work!!!

Unknown said...

Thanx David nice to get a good comment

Axel Fraoch said...

I'm with David on this El (well not the kebab part!), you clearly understand photography - and appreciate what makes Jay's special, I would say.

My sad attempts at photography always seem to leech all life OUT of the moment - whereas here, there's so MUCH life contained within these frames, they seem fit to burst.

The B&W shots are nicely understated, while the colour effects he achieves elsewhere are stunning!

Axasha.

Unknown said...

Oh no I am like you Axel I am not an expert, but I do like photography. I think these are, as you said, stunning. The b and w you are right it added to the the natural way the photograph was taken, and the colour in the dancer photograph add to the feeling of movement.

Very clever young man.

Unknown said...

Sorry Axel i did not mean to say you are not an expert.

Axel Fraoch said...

No no! Don't worry - you're right! I'm not.

I couldn't be mistaken for a creative type (like that swot Sergio!) either. The only kinda artist I could ever claim to be is a b@llsh*t artist (Heh), a fact which Conductor 71, Sergio... - aw, heck! just about anyone who knows me - will attest to!

Hmmm, I can just see them all nodding their heads in agreement...

Axasha.

Unknown said...

I am sure you are not, you seem to know about films.

Unknown said...

Sergi hates beeing called a swot

Unknown said...

Tee hee

Axel Fraoch said...

Yeah, I know. Heh heh…

Sorry if my comments have been a bit succinct El.
I’m suffering from terrible sciatica and keeping my back straight to sit and type is agony.

I'm so nosey I keep getting up off my nice hard floor and checking the blog though...

Axasha.

Distrakt said...

He's one of the best! - Distrakt

Jay Esposito said...

Hey, I've been adding a lot of new photographs to my dev art and I will be opening my own website soon so please, keep in touch.