Sunday 18 February 2007

Oooh! Shiny new members of the kollektive!

So, Sergio says he wants writing with bite?! Well, being as I loved EL's quotes, I thought I might just lower the tone for a moment - if I may - with a quote of my own:

The scene: UNLCE's finest, Napoleon Solo & Illya Kuryakin attempt to placate an Innocent ( a gorgeous female, natch!) who doubts their motives (they want access to her molar which picks up radio signals!) -

Innocent: "I don't know what kind of a girl you think I am!"
Napoleon: "Believe me, believe me, we're only interested in your tooth."
Illya: "And nothing but the tooth."

Ah bliss!

Axasha.
(Sorry, no more UNCLE - I promise!)

5 comments:

Sergio X said...

The Joke! It's so ...Christmas cracker????

Serge

conductor 71 said...

Believe me, as 'Man from Uncle' jokes go this one is enlightened!!!

Axel Fraoch said...

Welcome to the kollektive, Conductor 71!
Do I detect a Powell & Pressburger film fan in our midst? Maybe we can start up a discussion stream on Neo-Romanticism in post war British cinema? Interested David G?

Yeah, if The Man from Uncle show was a person (say whaa?) he’d be called Kitschy McKitsch. But then if there’s a better reason for being alive than watching repeats of old eps in glorious sixties monochrome, then I don’t know what it is.

Axasha.

conductor 71 said...

May I, in earnest, apologise wholeheartedly for providing axasha with an avenue in which to ‘talk’ about such heroes as William Blake and Cecil Collins. Once she gets started…!!!

We’re all doomed I tell you, DOOMED!

‘Are you happy Darling?’

Axel Fraoch said...

Terribly happy!